Win a FREE SELF-CARE KIT in April! Take the 14 Day Self-Care Challenge. To enter, comment on this post and we would love for you to share your plans and/or experience.
In today’s busy world self-care is more important than ever, yet it’s also often one of the first things to get neglected. Self-care helps reduce burnout, stress and helps you refocus. Getting ready for Spring is a great time to take action to help your body transition through the change of seasons. Contrary to what you may think, self-care is not all about indulgence and doing easy things that feel good. Self-care is about long-term wellness and at times can be hard. It might mean letting go, accepting change and letting yourself be imperfect. Instead of making Self-Care something you get to indulge in, make it an everyday part of your life!
Here are 30 self-care ideas for your 14 day+ journey to start incorporating it into your life. Some may seem conflicting, but it’s whatever your life needs! Maybe you need to de-clutter, or maybe you need to just let go of perfection and let the mess be a mess.
1. Meditate for 5-10 minutes a Day
2. Take 10 deep breaths when you wake up each day and 10 deep breaths before you go to bed.
3. Follow a guided meditation
4. Create a Gratitude Journal and write down 1 thing you are grateful for everyday
5. Write down one thing each day that made you laugh
6. Write down one thing each day that made you proud
7. Write down something you heard or saw that was inspiring
8. Take a photo of something that makes you happy and put it somewhere you will see it often
9. Take a walk regardless of weather, and leave your phone at home
10. Find a quiet place outside to just sit or have a picnic
11. Watch the clouds
12. Look at the stars
13. Watch the sunset or sunrise
14. Sit in a coffee shop
15. Try something new
16. Read a magazine
17. Take a bubble bath
18. Say “no” to someone
19. Drive somewhere new or take a different route to a familiar destination
22. Take a nap
23. Pick or buy yourself a bouquet of flowers
24. Order in dinner
25. Spend 15 minutes each day organizing a space in your home
26. Let your messy kitchen just be the way it is
27. Donate one thing from your home every day
28. Sit down for breakfast every morning
30. Eat meals without your phone or TV
Don't forget to comment on this post and we would love for you to share your plans and/or experience! Please also find us and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn!