We were privileged to have the opportunity to help The Hospice of the Twin Cities celebrate National Hospice Month! We participated in an Open House at their facility and provided education and an experience to a Healing Touch session. Illuminate Integrative Healing, along with other Healing Touch practitioners, volunteered to provide sessions to almost 20 staff members. We received so much positive feedback and gratitude for the experience! We surveyed the participants to help us gather more concrete feedback and of those18 who completed the survey, here are the great results! :
· About half of the staff who received sessions had never experienced Healing Touch
· Participants rated how they were feeling pre and post session, choosing between GOOD – GREAT - FANTASTIC
· 10 people went from GOOD to FANTASTIC
· 6 people GOOD to GREAT
· 2 people did not rate pre-session but rated themselves post as GOOD
· Overall experience on a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being Bad and 5 being Excellent:
· 15 people rated it a 5
· 3 people rated it a 4
What a great way to celebrate National Hospice Month with those who bring comfort to patients in our community! We were so proud to be a part of this Celebration and were grateful to be able to provide more exposure to the impact of Healing Touch.
For more information on National Hospice Month and Hospice in general, see National Association for Home Care and Hospice.